The Top 8 Wedding Accessories for Autumn 2018
Dressing for a wedding as a guest has its challenges and so today I’m delighted to share this post by Carolyn from Northwood Rings, a company that make beautiful bespoke rings out of wood, gemstones and precious metals. Carolyn’s sharing her top tips for accessorising for an Autumn wedding, so read on for some inspiration to help you look your best at any upcoming weddings this season!
Autumn is a wonderful time. The seasons are changing, the leaves are turning from green to beautiful oranges, reds, and yellows, and Starbucks begins to sell Pumpkin Spice Lattes. It’s also one of the most perfect times of the year to attend a wedding. For starters, guests aren’t sweating profusely during an outdoor ceremony or as they dance the night away, and there’s a certain something really special about the crisp air of Autumn. Plus, with abounding happenings and special occasions, it’s easy to go on holiday-- both for the guests who need to travel to the wedding as well as for the bride and groom to go away on honeymoon after the big event.
Despite the level of fun involved with receptions in general, it can be a little challenging to dress appropriately for an Autumn wedding. It’s usually a little colder, and it’s hard to feel dainty and romantic when you’re lugging a coat or jacket around. Not to mention, autumn colors can be a bit drab. Olive green, brown, and taupe are all great basic colors and staples of any wardrobe, but they aren’t exactly made for wedding attire. Plus, you have an added challenge if the wedding is held during a holiday like Halloween, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve, and if it’s requested that the guests dress more formal than usual.
That’s why it’s super important that your accessories shine when attending an Autumn wedding. They’ll dress up your chillier weather look while allowing you to still be comfortable, and allow you to add some extra bling that’s needed for the more luxurious seasonal events. Here are our top 8 ideas for the best Autumn Wedding Accessories:
1. Bejeweled Hair Combs -- No wedding is complete without some type of sparkle. By wearing a rhinestone studded hair comb or crown, you’ll be able to keep your hair up to avoid that blowing Autumnwind, while retaining some luxury and romance. They also photograph extremely well so you won’t have to worry about someone catching a shot of the back of your head when you’re turning around to wave hello to your chums!
2. Autumn Fascinators -- A fascinator is a must for any British wedding, but trying a color that isn’t often used (white, black, red, pink, or blue) is often an amazing idea to be a trendsetter for Autumn fashion. You can be extra creative by ensuring that it has plumes of birds in more neutral or Autumn shades. Bonus points if you can add in a bohemian vibe!
3. Word Jewelry -- Just about every fashionista is familiar with Carrie Bradshaw’s monogrammed necklace from Sex and the City. That trend is making a huge comeback, only this time with jewelry that is made of words and not necessarily names. Current popular choices are “peace”, “together”, “harmony”, and “believe”, Of course, “love” is also a really perfect choice for a wedding.
4. Peacock and mermaid colored things -- Sure it’s Autumn, which typically means dark or neutral colors, but accents abound this season in terms of blue and green metallics. Think mermaid or peacock when grabbing your accessories and you’ll have exactly the right idea. Try this look in a shoe or bag for an unexpected pop that will be sensational without taking attention away from the bride. Plus, it’s so much fun!
5. Chain link clutches -- Speaking of bags, chain link clutches are extremely popular this season. This is perfect because they still function as a clutch in terms of size, fashion, and fanciness-- but if you need to dance the night away or grab a cocktail you’ll have the chain at the ready so that you can go hands free.
6. Anything Blush -- Blush has been trending for a solid couple of years now, and has been so popular that it’s even been renamed “millennial pink” by many marketing experts and professional branders. It’s also making huge waves in the fashion world, dominating the wedding runways this season at such shows as Elie Saab (using blush for the very first time), Badgley Mischka, and Christian Dior. Blush is typically thought of as a spring and summer shade, but can work for the Autumn and even pushing into Winter with the right accessories. Try pairing it with brown, dark gray, or metallic shades to really round it out and make it more appropriate for the season.
7. Anything Metallic --- Rose gold has been a popular color for everything from curtains to engagement rings for several seasons, and that trend continues for Autumn 2018. To make it more “Autumn” and less spring you can try picking deeper metallic hues like copper or deep bronze to pair with your wedding wardrobe. Or, a fabulous idea is to pair the precious metals with beautiful wood for a look that’s timeless and appropriate for any season.
Weddings are beautiful, and that shouldn’t just be limited to the couple, the reception venue, and the flowers! Each guest should look their best and you’ll certainly be able to by following these helpful tips.
Author: Carolyn from Northwood Rings.
Northwood Rings provides handcrafted wooden rings from a variety of types of timber for people who want to have nature incorporated into their stories. They’ve since expanded to precious metals, and gemstones, to give even more options to the brides and grooms (and guests) who want something a little different.